domingo, 12 de mayo de 2013

How to make the best of a crisis time (by writing about it)

I think of crisis times as opportunities: you never know in advance what the outcome might be, but it could be something surprisingly good, so I kind of embrace times like these.
Guess what? I'm in the middle of a crisis now, but I'm not scared at all.
Last Saturday morning an idea came to my mind and I realized I had a story to tell. Maybe this is too personal but I have this feeling it's the right story to start my writing career.
The curious thing? I'll write it originally in English and then I'll work on the Spanish draft. I know –English is my second language, not my mother tongue. But as I said in a prior post: I express myself better in English when there are so many feelings involved.
I finished writing an epic fantasy novel some years ago. I started the second one but I've been stuck for a while. I've worked on a couple of story lines –for different novels– but so far, none of these stories are ready to be published –yet.
So as the title of this post says: “How to make the best of a crisis time (by writing about it)” Well, use what happens to you, what you feel inside, as the starting point to create something good. Because no matter how difficult and painful your present may be: there is always something new to learn from it. You just have to find it and turn the crisis into a different thing that may help you overcome that situation.

P.S.: I must confess that thanks to the authors I found on Twitter and Amazon, I've explored some genres I had never read any books about: urban fantasy and paranormal. So it is kind of obvious that all those novels that I've read lately were bound to make an impression on me... if you know what I mean. ;)

6 comentarios:

  1. Thoughtful post, thanks.
    Great connecting through the World Literary Cafe. Come say hello at my blog www.JanMoranWrites.com. Happy blogging!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I just followed your blog via email because I couldn't find any other way to do so. Nice to meet you, Jan! :)

      Eliminar
  2. I found your great blog through the WLC Blog Follows on the World Literary Cafe! Great to connect! Visit me at http://jbcameron.blogspot.ca

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I'm following your blog too! :) Glad to connect!

      Eliminar
  3. I found your great blog through the WLC Blog Follows on the World Literary Cafe! Great to connect! Please visit my blog confessionsofreader.blogspot.com

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. You know... I've just followed your blog and I didn't know you had already followed mine! :)

      Eliminar